“A stunning anthology of creative writing and art . . . All YA collections will want this”
—School Library Journal, *starred review, 09/01/17
“Both testament to the complexity of Indigenous women’s identities and ferocious statement that these women fully inhabit the modern world.”
—Kirkus Reviews, *starred review, 07/15/17
• Amelia Bloomer Project List nomination, ALA
"A refreshingly authentic, edgy, and captivating work."
— School Library Journal, STARRED REVIEW
• 2017 Red Maple Award Nominee
• Best Books for Kids & Teens 2016, STARRED selection, Canadian Children's Book Centre
• 2016 Skipping Stones Honor Book
• Information Book Award finalist, Children's Literature Roundtable of Canada
"Original and accessible, both an exuberant work of art and a uniquely valuable resource."
— Kirkus Reviews, STARRED REVIEW